Employment at Big Y Express Fuel & Convenience
Now Hiring a Big Y Express Store Manager
- Three (3) years of proven retail leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence through Big Y’s Firm Foundations (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to develop, motivate, and influence others through training, mentoring, coaching and team-building.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrates financial acumen.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire.
ESSENTIAL SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS
- Recruit, interview and select employees.
- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
- Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
- Cultivate growth through the development of high potential employees.
- Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
- Handle conflict and counsel employees that require disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Oversee total store operations including payroll processes, sales, contribution, diversity, development, and retention.
- Identify, assess, develop, and mentor future store directors.
- Achieve all Company operations and sales goals/objectives (e.g., contribution, budget, gross profit, productivity, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.), as well as monitor weekly sales and labor projections.
- Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity.
- Collaborate with employees, management team and the Store Support Center to ensure interdependence throughout the store and Company.
- Represent the Company to respective government officials, agencies, and media.
- Perform daily review of function and maintenance of all consumer price scanners.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Maintain daily logs and status reports.
- Ability to operate equipment in location while following best practices.
- Process customer transactions.
- Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
- Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds and other media assigned.
- Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
- Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
- Occasionally squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
- Work in cold (freezer/cooler) and/or heat (ovens) as needed.
Pittsfield, Lee, Hadley, Wilbraham & South Hadley, Longmeadow, MA
Now Accepting Applications for Management Positions!
Big Y Express in Pittsfield, MA and Lee, MA are Now Hiring Cashiers. Must be available nights and weekends.